A quick note about XML files stored with your photos. Several of you asked recently what they are for and how to get rid of them. These files are not just gobbledegook – they contain useful and sometimes essential information.
Email and text XML
DSLR Remote Pro 3.16 onwards shares emails and texts in the background. To make this work the app stores email addresses, cell phone numbers and other essential information in small XML files.
email_……….xml contains sharing information for emails.
text_….xml holds similar information about texts.
When sharing MP4s these files are stored in the MP4 folder. If you share prints they are stored in the prints folder.
You need email and text xmls to
- Send all emails and texts
- Send emails and texts after the event if processing was interrupted for any reason
- Create reports of sharing data
Do not delete these files until you are confident they are no longer needed. They use very little space on your computer.
Photobooth Summary XML
Breeze apps create a small file containing information about each photo booth session which is stored alongside the photos. Typically they are called IMG_nnnn.XML
They are not essential for most users, but they take up very little space and we suggest almost all of you keep them.
Who needs the photobooth summary XML files?
- Everyone collecting survey data
- Anyone who may want to produce reports and stats about the booth sessions
- Useful for anyone post processing photos on Hotfolder.
- Everyone creates photobooth summary XML unless they cause a specific problem.
- Retain the XML with your images until you are ready to delete the images, or need to remove personal data.
- Do not delete these files until you are confident they are no longer needed. They use very little space on your computer.
Photobooth summary data can be suppressed if required. More
Thanks for taking the time to read this post.
© Breeze Systems 2021