What’s new in Breeze Booth for iPad beta (build 14)
15th November 2018: Build 14 is no longer available. The latest Breeze Booth for iPad beta is Build 20
This beta release introduces printing using Windows print server, Dropbox support, digital zoom and camera controls.
Breeze Booth for iPad is Breeze System’s new iPad-based photo booth software. It is supported by two Windows based programs, the Event Editor and Synch Server. The Event Editor is used to design custom events, the Synch Server controls printing and monitors local iPads.
Breeze Booth for iPad is currently available as a free beta release. More features will be provided in the full version of this App.
Breeze Booth for iPad App
This is the booth program which runs on an iPad and takes photos & animated GIFs of guests.
Events are created using the Breeze Booth Event Editor and can be downloaded to iPads as required. Individual iPads can be kept up to date with the most recent version of an event by synching via Dropbox or with a web server.
New in Breeze Booth for iPad Beta Build 14
- Digital zoom
- Control of camera settings
- Event synching from Dropbox (previously only from server)
- Automated copying of images & xml to Dropbox
- Automated copying of images & xml to local Windows computer for printing and/or sharing
- Exit password protection
- Photo sharpening before printing/ in print layouts
- Image rotation in print layouts
Breeze Booth Event Editor
IPads are great at events. When you want to make the most of Breeze’ famed flexibility to awe your customers with custom screens, GIFs and print layouts, you need precise control and often access to powerful image editors such as Photoshop. The Breeze Booth Event Editor is a powerful Windows program used to design photo booth Events for your iPad.
Each event defines the screens, print layouts, profiles & choices available to guests. A single office-based copy of the Event Editor can be used to setup events for unlimited numbers of iPads.
Your events can be shared via Dropbox or a secure Web server.
New in Breeze Booth Event Editor
- Supports normal (4:3), Square and DSLR compatible (3:2) live view, photos and boomerang GIFs
- Print layout supports image rotation
- Specify sharpening required
- Bug fixes
Note: Print captions will be added soon. For now you can use overlays and/or backgrounds to caption prints. Alternatively use Hotfolder Prints (purchased separately) to add dynamic captions before printing from Windows computer.
Download Breeze Booth Event Editor v1.0 beta 20180527 After downloading the software unzip the file and copy it a suitable folder on the computer’s hard disk.
The easiest way to get started is to download a copy of the sample events on the Breeze Systems’ servers and save these in the Dropbox folder Apps/Breeze Booth for iPad/events. Then run the event editor and click on “Open…” and load the file Apps/Breeze Booth for iPad/events/events.xml” After editing the events they can be synced to your iPad using via the Breeze Booth for iPad’s events screen.
Windows program to monitor local iPads & control printing
- Images (& XML summary data) automatically uploaded from IPads
- Optional automated printing (quantity of prints as requested on IPad)
- Auto bleed
- Images resized to fit page
- Dashboard displays current status of each IPad
- Dashboard displays real time log of images downloaded from each IPad, with printing and other status information
- Can save images to Dropbox (or other cloud-based file sharing system) where they can be viewed remotely over internet. NB If Internet goes down images can be stored on PC and synched later. [Synching with cloud services from a PC can be more reliable & flexible than synching directly from an iPad]
The Synch Server requires a local network to connect to the iPads it supports. This network does not need to be connected to the Internet.
Download Breeze Booth Sync Server v1.0 beta 20180521 After downloading the software unzip the file and copy it a suitable folder on the computer’s hard disk.
Hotfolder Prints (separate purchase) can
- automatically upload images to galleries on Smugmug
- run a slideshow of images using Breeze Viewer
- create and print alternative print layouts
- change image format to one more suited to sharing on a specific platform
- add captions to prints
Breeze Kiosk (separate purchase) can
- Run one or many image sharing stations
- Display still images, and animated GIFs or MP4s from the booths on a low powered Windows tablet/PC
- Improve guest throughput by moving print, reprint and sharing options away from booth
- Update display with new images as they are created
- Use tokens to identify the folder being monitored (includes date and time tokens)
- Allow guests to browse, share and print images at their leisure
- Offer immediate sharing via social media, email & cell phone
- Offer offline sharing via email and cell phone
- Collect guest data
- Record consent to use of guest data
- Print high quality images quickly
- Generate interest with slideshow while kiosk idle
- Display promotional material during slideshow
© Breeze Systems 2018