A couple of quick tips for beginners using the Print Preview screen in their booth.
This post has been written for Breeze Booth (DSLR+Windows) aka DSLR Remote Pro, but also applies to Webcam Photobooth.
- New users sometimes ask why the print preview shows a photo or strip in the wrong orientation, while the printed output is fine.
- Another issue which occurs with the print preview is that the print covers all or part of the buttons.
Print Preview in wrong rotation
This is most often seen with DNP 4×6 media after running the Photobooth Setup Wizard:
Why does this happen?
DNP printers swap portrait and landcape when you print 4×6 inch (100 x 150 mm) prints.
This has no effect on the physical prints, but makes Print Preview screens look strange.
How to fix:
- Open the Print Layout Editor
- Click on Printer Setup
- Swap Orientation from Portrait to Landscape ( or Landscape to Portrait)
- Click on Preset Layouts
- Select your chosen layout – here Double Strip of 4
- Check Print Layout
- Check Print Preview
The next most common issue reported for in print previews is that the print partly covers the buttons.
Print Preview image overlaps the touchscreen buttons
This problem usually happens when buttons are placed at the bottom of the screen and the print is in portrait (vertical).
How to fix:
Open the touchscreen actions window for confirm_printing screen and reduce the size of the print preview image:
Adjusting the print preview images in the Touchscreen actions window
If you are new to touchscreen actions, read the tutorial here
Open confirm_printing.jpg in touchscreen actions, and click on Print preview area
Drag and drop the Print Preview area until the buttons are no longer hidden:
Save your changes as you leave the touchscreen actions window, and run a session to check everything works as expected.
Remember to close DSLR Remote Pro when you finish, to save your changes.
© Breeze Systems 2023