“Where are the images from my event? I am sure I saved them and have looked everywhere on the computer …..”
DSLR Remote Pro holds the key
Start DSLR Remote Pro, click on File then Preferences
This brings up the Preferences window, which tells you which folder images are saved in:
In this example the original photos are stored in a folder called C:\Users\sue\Documents\PhotoBoothImages\2018-09-06
Where are copies of prints, slideshow GIFs, green screen and other processed photos stored?
Usually you will find these in a sub folder of the main image folder, eg C:\Users\sue\Documents\PhotoBoothImages\2018-08-27\prints
DSLR Remote Pro gives you a huge amount of control over what and where you save images. Advanced users often use tokens as part of their file naming.
Use the Output Settings window to check where to find still images and slideshow GIFs.
Click on Advanced Settings, then the Output Options Settings… button to reach this window:
(1) Copies of each print are saved in a subfolder called Prints if Output is set to Save and print JPEG copy or JPEG copy only
(2) Copies of processed photos are saved in a subfolder called Processed. This includes images which have been rotated, cropped, digitally zoomed, green screened, converted to B&W, toned, had Instagram style filter applied or are post processed using Photoshop.
(3) If you select deletion of images which guests choose not to print, DSLR Remote Pro does delete them!
(4) Slideshow GIFs are either (a) stored in a sub folder called GIF or (b) in the prints sub folder
How to create slideshow GIFs from photo strips
(5) Extra folder with copy of prints. Choose your own folder. If you leave this blank DSLR Remote Pro will create a subfolder called Copy
Where are boomerang GIFs stored?
Boomerang GIFs are created from video, and are usually stored in either in (a) sub folder GIF or (b) sub folder prints
Look in the Animated GIF Settings (Video Booth Mode) window to check where to find your boomerang GIFs. Click on File, then Video Booth Settings, then select the Animated GIF settings button to access this window:-
(6) Check to save PNG copies of live view image frames used to construct GIFS will be stored in sub-folder GIF_frames,
(7) Check to save boomerang GIFs in the prints sub folder
(8) Checked to create MP4 copies of boomerang GIFs
(9) MP4 copies of GIFs can be stored in sub folder MP4, subfolder prints or the same folder as the GIFs
For more detail see the video booth section of the help files
Automating folder names for different events & using survey responses to group images into different folders
Learn how to use Breeze tokens to give meaningful names to folders and separate images into different folders during an event
I hope you have found those lost images by now. If not, do email me at firstname.lastname@example.org !
© Breeze Systems 2018