Do you want to offer your guests something new with very little effort? You can add animated GIFs to your booth with just one extra click using the Photo Booth Setup Wizard in DSLR Remote Pro.
DSLR Remote Pro and Webcam Photobooth include two kinds of animated GIFs: boomerang and slideshow. Boomerang GIFs are captured with a short video clip, and usually shared using social media or by email. Slideshow GIFs contain still photos taken during normal photobooth operation. These GIFs can also be shared. The same photos can be printed in a strip or other layouts.
This blog post explains how to create simple boomerang GIFs using the Photo Booth Setup Wizard in DSLR Remote Pro. Webcam Photobooth works in a very similar way. You can customize your GIFs using the advanced settings.
You need DSLR Remote Pro 3.7, Webcam Photobooth 2.4 or a more recent release; a touchscreen, and your camera must support video. Customers with DSLR Remote Pro licenses issued before 22 February, 2016 also need to buy a DSLR Remote Pro upgrade license. Customers with Webcam Photobooth licenses issued before 17th May 2016 need to buy a Webcam Photobooth upgrade license.
1. Start DSLR Remote Pro. Select the Photobooth Setup Wizard.
2. At Step 3: Select the sharing and other options you need (B), then check the box to capture animated GIFs (C) . Choose any other options you need before clicking on <Finish> (D).
3. The next screen confirms that you have completed running the Setup Wizard. Close this to return to the main screen.
4. Connect your camera and switch it on before selecting ‘Start Photobooth’. That’s it!
5. This is the default photo booth screen created by the Photo Booth Setup Wizard in DSLR Remote Pro 3.7.3 . Guests switch between boomerang GIFs and still photos using the button in the top right corner.
6. You can choose whether guests share GIFs directly from the booth as shown here, or take time to browse and share them away from the booth with Breeze Kiosk (purchased separately).
7. The dinosaur chase at the top of this page shows what you can achieve just using the photobooth setup wizard.
You can modify the default settings to change the video length and playback speed; add overlays and a title page to brand GIFs for each event. This example shows the same GIF overlaid with a simple border. The capture rate and image interval have also been altered to give a smoother result. Find out how to customize your own Boomerang GIFs .
7 December 2018: This post has been updated to show the new Photobooth Setup Screens in in DSLR Remote Pro 3.8
Copyright Breeze Systems Ltd 2017
One thought on “Boomerang basics – animated GIFs with one extra click”
>Can I Capture ‘boomerang’ animated GIFs with chroma?
Both boomerang and slideshow GIFs can be created with or without chromakey/greenscreen.
This link explains how to use green screen in DSLR Remote Pro: