What’s new in v3.14.2?
- Support for two new Canon PowerShot cameras G5 X Mark II and G7 X Mark III
- Photo booth printing now automatically bleeds both the background and overlay to fill the printable area
- Optional gray background to frames and emoji/stamps on the drawing/signing screen
- New monochrome icon set on the signing and drawing screen
- Video playback window is hidden until the video starts playing
Support for new PowerShot cameras
Many long time photo boothers loved the simplicity, compact size and automatic zoom of Canon PowerShot cameras. Sadly Canon stopped making suitable PowerShot models for over 10 years. We are delighted to add support for the new PowerShot G5 X Mark II and G7 X Mark III to DSLR Remote Pro.
These compact cameras both offer 120 frames/second slow motion capture at 720p and 1080p, as well as a power zoom.
Note: The PowerShot G5 X Mark II, G7 X Mark III and SX70 HS have no hot shoe so it is difficult to trigger flash. Watch out for more details about their pros and cons for photo booth use soon.
Automatic bleed for print background and overlay
You no longer need to oversize print layouts to allow for printer positioning. DSLR Remote Pro 3.14.2 will automatically bleed print background and overlay (background.jpg and overlay.jpg) to fill the printable area.
For example classic dye sub. 6″ by 4″ prints at 300 dpi can now be sized 1800 by 1200 pixels.
‘Old style’ oversized print layouts eg 1844 by 1240 pixels will still work.
Optional gray background to frames and emoji/stamps on the drawing/signing screen
To display white frames and emoji, switch to a new mid gray background on the signing and drawing screen. The icons to the left of this screen are now monochrome on a white background.
Note: You can also use your own icons on this screen or keep using the original colored set if you prefer.
Hiding the video playback window until the video starts playing
This upgrade prevents a blank window appearing while a screen animation is loading.
DSLR Remote Pro 3.14.2 also includes fixes for
- issue loading ‘profile X + start‘ touch screen action when there is a looping ready screen animation
- using filenames to position GIF and MP4 animations ( only affected v3.14 and 3.14.1).
Upgrade to DSLR Remote Pro 3.14.2 today
DSLR Remote Pro 3.14.2 is a free upgrade for all registered users who purchased DSLR Remote Pro after 22th October 2018. Customers with older licenses need to buy an upgrade license to use this release.
Do share this post with others who may find it useful.
© Breeze Systems 2019